Secrecy and Security News
Newer News: March 2021
- Assessing the Saudi Government's Role in the Killing of Jamal Khashoggi, Office of the Director of National Intelligence, February 11. "We assess that Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Muhammad bin Salman approved an operation in Istanbul, Turkey to capture or kill Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi."
- DoD denies request for unclassified JASON reports from 2013-14, February 16. All "528 pages are withheld in their entirety as 'technical data with military or space application in the possession of, or under the control of, the Department of Defense'." (request)
- Continuation of National Emergency with Respect to Libya, communication from the President, February 11. "The situation in Libya continues to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States."
- Declaration of National Emergency with Respect to Burma, communiation from the President, February 10. "I have issued an Executive Order declaring a national emergency with respect to the unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States posed by the situation in Burma."
- Termination of National Emergency on the Southern Border, communiation from the President, February 10. "I have determined that the declaration of a national emergency at our southern border was unwarranted."
- ODNI report on security clearances: FAS Appeal of partial denial of FOIA request, February 5. "I believe that the exemption for intelligence sources and methods was improperly applied in this case, and I therefore appeal the partial denial of my request."
Older News: January 2021